Expert advice and news to keep your finances in check.

1099-Misc Forms to Subcontractors

The IRS is once again urging all small businesses to issue form 1099-MISC to all unincorporated subcontractors that are paid more than $600 during the calender year. In order to issue form 1099-MISC, which are required to be filed, all subcontractors must be required to first fill out the IRS form W-9 which can be found in our Help Center under Tax Forms & FAQ’s. The IRS may assess penalties if it is found that a subcontractor was paid more than $600 but not issued a form 1099-MISC. As a service our office is able to file forms 1099-MISC electronically. For more information regarding the filing of form 1099-MISC please contact our office.